Paboritong landian

The Rose

"Yes, yes of course I love you. You had no idea - which is my fault. It is of no consequence. But you have been as foolish as I. Try to be happy. And leave that glass alone. I don't want it anymore."

"I'll simply have to put up with two or three carerpillars if I want to meet some butterflies. I have heard that they are very beautiful. Otherwise, who will visit me? You will be far away. As for wild animals, I am not afraid of them. I have my claws."

"Don't hang about like that, it's irritating. You've decided to go. Now go!"

*

The Little Prince


"My flower perfumed the whole planet but I was not able to appreciate her. All that nonsense about claws, which I found so irritating ought to have endeared her to me."

"In those days I understood nothing! I should have judged by her deeds and not her words. She cast her fragrance around me and brightened my life. I should have guessed the tenderness behind her poor little stratagems..."

"Flowers are so contradictory! And I was too young to know how to love her."

"I'm beginning to a understand. I know a flower...I think she must have tamed me."

"The stars are beautiful because of a flower that cannot be seen. "

"If you love a flower that lives on a star, it is sweet to look up at the night sky. All the stars are in bloom. "

"Where you come from, people grow five thousand roses in one garden - and still they do not find what they are looking for. Yet what they are looking for can be found in a single rose or in a handful of water. "

"You are beautiful but you are empty. One could not die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But in herself, she matters more than all of you together, since it is she that I watered; since it is she that I placed under the glass dome; since it is she that I sheltered with the screen; since it is she whose caterpillars I killed (except the two or three we saved up to become butterflies). Since it it she that I listened to, when she complained, or boasted or when she was simply being silent. Since it is she who is my rose."


*

The Fox

"But you must not forget. You become responsible, for ever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose. "



- The Little Prince, Anoine de Saint-Exupery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home








Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket