Dead birds and bridges in the sky

I see dead birds;
two pairs
of burnt love birds
hanging from
a Ferris wheel.

But only one
of each pair
of love birds
is dead
or dying.

While the remaining two
weep
and freeze
like the cold steel bars
underneath their tears.


- it's one of those mornings


*

Someone's crossing the bridge in the sky again
and this time it's you.
Someone's stretching her neck to the bridge in the sky again
and it's still me.

Why won't somebody cross the bridge in the sky with me?
I'm always
always left screaming for somebody to come back down
and take me.


*

Life it seems, sleeps away
Just like any dream
All I want is all I need
Still I ask for more
Say, say why is it so
Wait, wait don't let me know

Love it seems, sleeps away
Just like any dream
I failed to see this memory
Means so much to me
Say, say why is it so
Wait, wait don't let me know

Everytime I see you
My life turns upside down
Tried so hard to find out
How to make you come back
But even if I told you
I can't hold you again
Everytime I see you I know


Everytime I See You
-Fra Lippo Lippi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home








Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket